Friday, April 18, 2008

Canoe

It's been a while since my last update on the boat. It's coming along slowly. Now that all the structural components have been installed it's time to sand. I've sanded the inside and the outside of the hull. And it is now ready for paint. The paint was ordered a few weeks ago but has been back ordered and still hasn't arrived. In the meantime I've been able to prepare the hull for priming, which will be the next step.

Preparations for the expedition continue. I've almost got all the food dehydrated with only a few items left (tuna, chicken for example). The departure date is coming up fast and I've got to nail down some logistical details. I've got to contact Jack Batstone in Churchill to arrange for him to pick me up on the coast. I've also got to book my seat on the train from churchill to hudson bay, sk, go over my maps (but that can wait till closer to the departure date.) I've got to figure out how to mail a food parcel to myself in leaf Rapids.

No comments: