Sunday, July 11, 2010

A couple of canoe related projects

Today I finished up a set of canoe stands that I had started a couple of days ago. They are made from a couple of 2 X 2's and 1 X 2's with nylon webbing to make a sling. Now I won't have to crawl around on the ground when I want to work on my canoes.

I also took some design ques from Gnarlydog and added a couple of permanent canoe anchors under the hood of our sunfire. The Hood/trunk canoe anchors that I made earlier in the spring work well but I was always worried about a strong wind (which there has been a lot of this year) pulling on the canoe which in turn would pull up on the anchor and possibly deform the hood. Now with the anchors bolted under the fender bolts I don't have to worry about that.

My 17 foot solo tripping canoe on the canoe stands that I built today.

The anchor fastened under the fender bolt.


1 comment:

sage said...

That canoe stand is a good idea as I'm in the process now of replacing the gunnels on my boat.